IN THIS ISSUE
Science centers serve a variety of core audiences, from visitors to volunteers to Internet users. But who are these audiences and what kinds of experiences are they looking for? A recent Reach Advisors–ASTC survey identified mothers of young children as one of the largest science center audiences, and men over 60 as one of the most committed. In this issue, we take a look at these and other core users and examine ways to keep them happy and engaged.
- Moms, Museums, and Motivations: Cultivating an Audience of Museum Advocates, by Susie Wilkening
- Science for Mums, by Sue Stocklmayer
- Men over 60, by Susie Wilkening
- Where Everybody Knows Your Name, by Bob Silberman
- Attracting Core Audiences Through a Local Focus, by Lori Geller
- Visitors by Any Other Name…, by Laura Farra Myers and Bart A. Roselli
- WeTube: Getting Physical with a Virtual Community at the Ontario Science Centre, by Kevin von Appen
Download the full issue.