IN THIS ISSUE
With their firm grounding in science and expertise in public engagement, science centers and museums are in a unique position to help scientists communicate effectively with the public. In this issue, we share stories of how science centers are bringing scientists and the public together to facilitate dialogue and enhance understanding.
This issue also contains a special supplement on the new ASTC-led Youth Inspired Challenge. This major initiative challenges ASTC members to engage young people in a total of 2 million hours of STEM-centered youth development programming over a three-year period.
- Scientists and Science Centers: A Great “Glocal” Partnership Opportunity, by Alan I. Leshner
- Shared Experiences: Connecting Scientists and Visitors Through Portal to the Public, by Kristin Leigh and Lauren Russell
- Science in the City: Getting Scientists and Citizens Together, by Pino Zappalà
- Person-to-Person Interactions at Miraikan, by Mamoru Mohri
- Showcasing Current Science at the Utah Museum of Natural History, by Sarah B. George
- A Scientist Walks into a Bar, by Amanda Thomas
- A Tasty Concoction: Café Scientifique in Toronto, by Donna Francis
- Coffee and Cinema: Encounters with Jerusalem Scientists, by Varda Gur Ben Shitrit
- Helping Young Scientists Learn and Practice Public Engagement, by Lynn Uyen Tran and Catherine Halversen
Download the full issue.