On March 1, the Noyce Foundation, in collaboration ASTC and the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), announced the fourth cohort of Noyce Leadership Fellows.
Through their Fellowships, 18 senior level managers from science centers and related institutions will increase their capacity to lead effectively; to advance innovation in their institutions and communities; and to act as change agents at the crossroads of societal trends, global issues, and informal science. The Noyce Leadership Institute (NLI) provides access to knowledge, tools, best practices, and professional networks through a mix of face-to-face sessions, executive coaching, peer learning, and audio conferencing over a year, followed by ongoing Fellow alumni activities.
Primary funding for NLI comes from the Noyce Foundation, with additional support to date from IMLS, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, and the David & Lucile Packard Foundation.
Congratulations to the 2011–2012 Fellows (in bold) and their Strategic Initiative Sponsors:
- Jeff Barnhart, Lindy Hoyer, Omaha Children’s Museum, Nebraska
- Marcie Benne, Ray Vandiver, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland
- Dan Bird, Goéry Delacôte, At-Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Scott Carter, Ron Kagan, Detroit Zoological Society, Michigan
- Greg DeFrancis, David Goudy, Montshire Museum of Science, Norwich, Vermont
- Sean Duran, Gillian Thomas, Miami Science Museum, Florida
- Andrea Durham, Paul Fontaine, Anne Cademenos, Museum of Science, Boston, Massachusetts
- Amito Haarhuis, Michiel Buchel, Science Center NEMO, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Joan Hoge-North, Geoff Halfpenny, Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington, Delaware
- Eva Jonsson, Olle Nordberg, Teknikens Hus, Luleå, Sweden
- Diane Perlov, Jeffrey Rudolph, California Science Center, Los Angeles
- Gail Ringel, Carole Charnow, Boston Children’s Museum, Massachusetts
- Tom Rockwell, Rob Semper, Exploratorium, San Francisco
- Patricia Verheyden, Eric Jacquemyn, Technopolis, Mechelen, Belgium
- Johannes Vogel, Sharon Ament, Natural History Museum, London, England, United Kingdom
- Stacy Wakeford, Denise Amyot, Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation, Ottawa, Ontario
- Shari Werb, Cristián Samper, Claudine Brown, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.
- Karen Wise, Jane Pisano, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, California.