IN THIS ISSUE
Faced with the challenges resulting from the worldwide economic crisis, science centers and museums must work diligently and creatively to maintain financial viability. Many science centers are diversifying their income sources, both by adhering to time-tested best practices of fundraising and by pursuing new methods and opportunities. Especially in these difficult times, successful science centers must follow sound financial practices, carefully prioritize their spending, and above all, deepen their commitment to their missions and their communities. In this issue, we explore trends, best practices, and strategies for thriving in tough situations.
• The State of the Science Center, by Katherine I. Goodall
• Strategies for Financial Health, by Charlie Trautmann and Lara Litchfield-Kimber
• Reducing Expenses While Increasing Value, by Gerardo Ibarra Aranda
• Rebuilding After a Natural Disaster in the Philippines, by May Pagsinohin
• Building a Strong Membership Program, by Shannon Schumacher
• How to Ask For (and Get) Major Gifts, by Simone P. Joyaux
• Great Opportunities Through Active Corporate Partnerships, by Larry Dubinski
• Guidelines for Planning Grant-Funded Projects, by Robert L. Russell
Download the full issue.