Recognizing the need for greater awareness of water-related issues, the UN declared 2013 the International Year of Water Cooperation (IYWC). In this issue of Dimensions, we discuss how science centers can support the goals of the IYWC and efforts to provide water, sanitation, and hygiene to people worldwide. We also take a look at plans in several countries to establish water-themed museums; projects to engage youth in water issues and solutions; and ways to create water exhibits that encourage visitors to think, play, and explore.
• Building Peace and Sustainable Development Through Water Cooperation, by Lucilla Minelli
• Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene: A Global Crisis with Real Solutions, by Elynn Walter
• A Science Center that Floods, by Ed Grusheski
• Build a Water Exhibit and They Will Come, by Stephen Pizzey
• Making Connections Through an Asia Pacific Water Museum, by Ganigar Chen and Alexander Otte
• Bringing Youth’s Ideas About Water to Rio+20, by Ling Ling Chew
• Exploring Water’s Path on Reunion Island, by Marine Soichot
Download the full issue.