2005 ASTC Annual Conference
Partnerships for Excellence:
Seeking Strategic Alliances to Increase Our Impact
October 15-18, 2005
The 2005 ASTC Annual Conference was hosted by the Science Museum of Virginia, located in Richmond, Virginia. Founder of four other Virginia science centers and active member of a consortium of museums working to enhance Richmond's emerging cultural district, the Science Museum of Virginia shared its experiences in developing "partnerships for excellence."
The 2005 ASTC Annual Conference explored how ASTC members and others are using and sustaining partnerships to
- deliver engaging hands-on science and technology learning experiences
- reach, attract, serve, and captivate new audiences in new ways
- find sustainable resources and support
- better serve our audiences and strengthen our operational effectiveness
- achieve stable margins, and
- increase our community impact and relevance.
We honestly and openly explored what partnerships offer and what they demand. We looked at opportunities for transformational partnerships and doing work together of meaningful consequence to our communities as well as to the individual partners.
Many sessions were recorded. To order audio tapes, visit www.conventionrecordings.com, or download the following form:
2004 Conference Tapes (74 KB) | Need help?