to Book an ASTC Exhibition
If you're interested in an ASTC exhibition, call us to discuss your
specific questions and needs. In general, this is how we work:
Photo by Kevin Burke/SAO
- Most ASTC exhibitions are available for three-month bookings.
After you confirm a booking, ASTC will send you a loan agreement.
In general, it must be returned within four weeks.
- You will be required to pay a deposit (25 percent of the
rental fee) at the time you return your signed agreement.
- The balance of the rental fee is due 45 days before you are
scheduled to open the exhibition. If you cancel a booking after
you have signed the loan agreement, you will still be responsible
for paying the fee, which represents a share of overall costs.
- You will be required to pay for one-way, inbound shipping;
shipments outside the contiguous 48 U.S. states carry additional
costs. ASTC will make shipping arrangements, and its agents will
bill you directly. You will be required to provide qualified people
to unpack, install, maintain, and repack the exhibition.
- When you rent an ASTC exhibition, you must provide display
conditions at least as good as those provided for your own exhibitions:
adequate space, lighting, atmospheric controls, janitorial services,
and security. There may be additional special requirements such
as staffing. ASTC will insure the exhibition against damage and
loss at all times, but will hold you responsible if you do not follow
instructions provided in the exhibition technical manual, or if
appropriate security standards are not met.
- You will need to provide ASTC with a certificate of liability
insurance naming ASTC as an additional insured no later than 30days
prior to your receipt of the exhibition.
- Within 48 hours after you receive an ASTC exhibition, you
must complete and return an incoming condition report. Not more
than 48 hours before you take the exhibition down, you will be required
to thoroughly clean it and complete an out-going condition report.
You must also report any loss or damage that occurs while the exhibition
is under your control. You may not undertake any repairs without
- At least two months before the exhibition is scheduled to
arrive, ASTC will send materials to help you plan. These include
a technical manual, publicity materials, and educational materials.
- ASTC Exhibition Services and exhibition sponsors must be
credited in all publicity about the exhibition. We will ask you
to complete an evaluation form and return it together with sample
press coverage at the end of your booking.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.