In the global society of today and tomorrow—where everyone is potentially connected but still separated by language, physical distance, and culture—science remains universal.
And science centers and museums all over the world speak with the same message about science education and its power to change individual lives, communities, nations, and our planet.
Even if you’re not ready to open a foreign office in a remote city, you can strengthen your institution’s global awareness and participation—and solidify your local and regional profile as a player on the world stage—by joining your peers from other science centers and museums in every time zone.
By participating in the 2017 International Science Center and Science Museum Day (ISCSMD) on Friday, November 10!
Join us for this interactive webinar and find out how easy it is to join the club of globally engaged institutions and provide opportunities for your visitors, members, and staff to participate.
- reasons institutions should be thinking and acting in a global context, regardless of size or location
- the wide variety of ways visitors can take part in the worldwide ISCSMD events
- practical ideas for maximum community impact
- ways your peers utilize and smartly leverage existing programs and exhibits
- benefits institutions gain by participating in such a large-scale event with minimal effort
- how they connect the Sustainable Development Goals for the planet to their local communities
- why they are eager to participate again
- answers to your questions
- and more.
Get ready to share your story with the rest of the world and become part of the international effort to use science and science education in transforming our planet!
Questions? Click here to write to me.
P.S. Reserve time on your calendar for these upcoming ISCSMD webinars, and check back for additional details coming soon:
Preparing for ISCSMD 2017: Best Stories and Practices from 2016
Wednesday, September 13, 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET (8:00–9:00 p.m. UTC/GMT)
Thursday, September 14, 7:00–8:00 a.m. ET (11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. UTC/GMT)
Make a Loud Noise: Tips for Your Local and Global ISCSMD Media Campaign
Tuesday, October 10, 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET (8:00–9:00 p.m. UTC/GMT)
Wednesday, October 11, 7:00–8:00 a.m. ET (11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. UTC/GMT)
Measuring the Impact: Documenting How You Change the World
Thursday, November 2, 4:00–5:00 p.m. ET (8:00–9:00 p.m. UTC/GMT)
Friday, November 3, 7:00–8:00 a.m. ET (11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. UTC/GMT)
Walter Staveloz is ASTC’s Director of International Relations
Photos: 2016 ISCSMD at International Centre for Life, Newcastle, United Kingdom;
Wild Center, Tupper Lake, New York, United States;
Petrosains, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia