| | | Exhibit/Curatorial | | |
Do you want to post a position in the ASTC Job Bank? Learn how here.
Posted November 17, 2017
Lee H. Skolnick Architecture + Design Partnership (LHSA+DP)
New York, New York
LHSA+DP seeks professional for Interpretive Specialist position to work on a major international space science museum. Must have experience developing science based exhibits and educational programs. Guaranteed one-year contract, starting December 2017. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- Content development, conducting and organizing research, coordinating with consulting content specialists
- Develops / Maintains content outlines
- Refines exhibition storyline
- Works with design team contributing interpretive and educational perspectives
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum Master’s Degree / Museum Studies or Museum Education Degree with an emphasis on science
- Minimum three years experience in museums / exhibit design firms developing educational programs, visitor experiences and exhibits
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Proficiency in written / spoken Mandarin desirable, but not mandatory
For application instructions please visit www.skolnick.com/contact.
Posted November 15, 2017
Exhibit Design, Fabrication and Installation
Johnson GEO CENTRE
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
The Johnson GEO CENTRE in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada is seeking expressions of interest by December 8, 2017 for consulting services with regards to revamping our ExxonMobil Oil and Gas Gallery (1119 square feet). Additional information on the scope of work can be obtained by contacting Dennis Keough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted November 6, 2017
Exhibit Project Manager
Boston Children’s Museum
Boston Children’s Museum produces exhibitions for installation, for touring to other venues, for sale as exhibit kits. BCM is developing two-three major permanent exhibits internally, and a major external exhibit project involving three early childhood exhibit areas. The position will act as project manager and client liaison for various exhibit and consulting projects.
- BA/BS required with 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Excellent logistical, computer and organizational skills
- Previous project and budget management experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent BCM and what we offer
- Understanding of the design process preferred
- Experience with traveling exhibits preferred
Travel approximately 2-3 times per year in support of museum consulting projects.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. This is a 1+-year position with the possibility to extend.
For more information: www.bostonchildrensmuseum.org/about/employment/exhibits-project-manager
To apply: Email resume and cover letter to Jobs@BostonChildrensMuseum.org.
Posted October 21, 2017
Director of Exhibits and Facilities
Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum
Poughkeepsie, New York
Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum, in Poughkeepsie, NY, seeks an individual with experience developing interactive exhibits and coordinating facilities to join its senior leadership team and play a critical role in planning the Museum’s upcoming expansion – which will include the creation of a new science museum!
The Director of Exhibits and Facilities works collaboratively to ensure memorable, meaningful and educationally rich experiences for all museum guests. This position is responsible for planning, fabricating, installing and repairing exhibits; maintaining gallery spaces; and ensuring exhibit safety. This position also coordinates facility maintenance/repair, cleaning services and building security. As a member of the museum’s leadership team, this position works closely with the executive director and others in strategic planning and on other cross-functional initiatives of the museum. This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) exempt position that includes full Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum benefits.
For application instructions and to apply, please visit mhcm.org/about/employment.