ASTC provides professional development opportunities for people who work in science centers and other informal learning institutions.
Network with colleagues, expand your knowledge, and share professional resources by starting or joining a Community of Practice (CoP). CoPs are groups of people who share a concern or a passion for something they do and learn how to do it better as they interact regularly.
- ASTC CoPs – Communities of Practice provide informal science education professionals the infrastructure they need to meet the field’s challenges from the ground up. ASTC provides CoPs with resources and support for connecting with colleagues, convening meetings, and organizing workshops, among other activities. The General Forum provides a home for discussions with over 2,000 subscribers worldwide.
- Science Center Networks – links to associations and networks of science centers worldwide.
Learn with your colleagues through online webinars and in-person workshops.
- Upcoming webinars and workshops – browse our latest offerings
- ASTC Online Learning Webinars – watch recorded professional development presentations
- Professional Development e-newsletter – keep up to date on the latest ASTC Professional Development and partner opportunities.
Explore current ASTC field development and research projects and programs that involve ASTC member institutions and other collaborators. ASTC maintains a portfolio of projects funded by Federal agencies and private foundations that reflects the work of our membership. Browse legacy ASTC initiatives and grant-funded projects.
Partner with ASTC to ensure maximum visibility for your project
- Dissemination Partnerships – Learn how ASTC can work with you to spread the word about your grant-funded projects through our extensive networks and publications.