ASTC is excited to welcome the 2018 Diversity and Leadership Development Fellows to this year’s conference in Hartford, Connecticut.
They are museum professionals from underrepresented groups who are attending ASTC 2018 to gain professional development experiences, a broader peer network, and the chance to hone their leadership skills.
Following in-depth workshops Thursday and Friday, they are looking forward to connecting with you. Introduce yourself to the Fellows when you see them at the conference—ask them about their work, what they are passionate about, and what they are discovering at their first ASTC conference!
The 2018 Fellows are
- Karla Barthelmy, Youth Initiatives Coordinator, American Museum of Natural History, New York, New York
- Laahiri Chalasani, Education and Program Manager, Children’s Science Center, Fairfax, Virginia
- Carolina Chambers, Portal to the Public Project Coordinator, Pacific Science Center, Seattle, Washington
- Harpreet (Preet) Dhanjal, Public Programmer, Energy Sustainability, TELUS Spark, Calgary, Alberta
- Karen Enriquez, Visitor Services Manager, Explora Science Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- David Gamez, Blue Crew Manager, Arizona Science Center, Phoenix, Arizona
- Aleisha Kropf, Marketing and Communications Director, WonderLab Museum of Science, Health and Technology, Bloomington, Indiana
- Emily Lozen, Development Associate, Museum of Life and Science, Durham, North Carolina
- Emma Meadley Dunphy, Recreational Program Leader, Ontario Science Centre, Toronto, Ontario
- Friderike (Rike) Moon, Manager of STEAM Mentor Programs, Science World, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Nichelle O’Saurus, Volunteer Coordinator, Natural History Museum of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Dustin Perry, Floor Manager, Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkeley, California
- Taylor Pirone, Box Office Supervisor, Long Island Children’s Museum, Garden City, New York
- Neha Sandvig, Program Specialist II, Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Denver, Colorado
- Raquel Stewart, Junior Inclusion and Engagement Specialist, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Portland, Oregon
- Andrew Vargas, Guest Operations Manager, Space Center Houston, Houston, Texas
- Bianca Vilanova, Play Engagement Coordinator, Marbles Kids Museum, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Kalia Vue, School Liaison, Science Museum of Minnesota, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Christopher White, Spark!Lab Coordinator, The Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum, Reno, Nevada
You can use the hashtag #ASTCDiversityEveryWay (along with the main conference hashtag #ASTC2018) on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram when you tweet or post about diversity, accessibility, equity, and inclusion issues in the science center and museum field.