IN THIS ISSUE
For new science centers and established institutions alike, ensuring an adequate flow of operating funds, year after year, is a challenge. In this issue, museum directors, development officers, and senior managers discuss strategies for building a strong base of ongoing support.
• Smooth Passages: Ten Tips for Surviving the Transition from Capital to Operating, by Leonard J. Aube
• From the Grassroots Up: Building a Museum Collaborative in North Carolina, by Todd Boyette and Mark Sinclair
• Board Development: The Cornerstone of Effective Fund-Raising, by Marilyn Hoyt
• Claiming a Place for Science: Britain’s Lottery-Funded Science Centers and Museums, by Gillian Thomas
• International Update: News from the Networks