By Anthony (Bud) Rock
I hope members of the science center and museum field around the world have already had the chance to visit ASTC’s new website. We are extremely pleased with the new design and functionality of the site. It is organized to provide easy access to information, news, resource materials, and professional development opportunities.
I encourage you to explore all the new website has to offer, including the following useful resources:
- Visit the ASTC Community to join one or more of the nearly 350 conversations currently underway among more than 2,300 museum professionals from around the world in the General Forum, or discuss the latest issues in one of ASTC’s 20 Communities of Practice.
- Jump over to myASTC to read the latest issue of our award-winning magazine, Dimensions; access the directory; or update your subscriptions.
- Find out what ASTC is up to on our blog.
- Search for products and services in the ASTC Marketplace or list your own for others to find.
- Look through current job openings in the ASTC Job Bank.
- Check out all of ASTC’s publications, including Dimensions.
- Find an ASTC-member science center with our science center search. Learn about ASTC member benefits and the Travel Passport Program.
- Take advantage of ASTC’s diverse professional development resources and opportunities.
- Access ASTC’s 2014 Annual Conference presentations and get information on ASTC 2015, to be held October 17–20 in Montreal.
- Learn about ASTC’s advocacy and public policy efforts and take action using the Legislative Action Center.
- Explore InformalScience.org, an online collection of informal science education resources from the Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE).
These and so many more resources are yours through the new ASTC website. We are grateful to the many members, staff, and designers, notably Wood Street, Inc., who have helped to create such a valuable addition to the resources available to the ASTC community.
Anthony (Bud) Rock is ASTC’s president and CEO.