IN THIS ISSUE
In today’s economy, science centers faced with shrinking resources are challenged to find innovative ways of doing more with less. How can science centers save money without sacrificing content or mission? In this issue, directors, chief executive officers, directors of operations, and other staff share their successes with strategies such as taking advantage of free web services, creating a program or exhibition on a shoestring, becoming more energy efficient, and pooling resources with community partners.
- The Frugal Director: Leadership on a Limited Budget, by Ann Fumarolo
- Off the Shelf: How Outsourcing Products and Services Can Deliver Visitor Satisfaction, by Marilyn Hoyt
- ‘Low Budget, High Impact’: Innovative Projects from Around the World, by Stephen Pizzey
- Nine Free or Nearly Free Ways Museums Can Take Advantage of Web 2.0, by Jim Spadaccini
- How ASTC Uses Free and Cheap Online Services, by Wendy Pollock
- Big Ideas, Big Savings: A Cost-Cutting Sampler, by Robert Ade, David Kramer, Laura Davies, and Craig Blower
- Resources for Saving Money
Download the full issue.