The proposal submission portal is now open. The deadline is January 13, 2020.
About the 2020 Annual Conference: New Frontiers
The 2020 ASTC Annual Conference will be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania October 17–20 in partnership with Carnegie Science Center and with support from a wide range of local academic, technological, and educational organizations. ASTC welcomes proposals from inside and outside the science center field that address one or more of the goals below and help advance our shared vision of increasing understanding of—and engagement with—science among all people.
- Fostering new collaborations and networks across science centers and with stakeholders in science and technology research, education, and community engagement.
- Building from the collaborative nature of this field to exchange and scale what works—informed by evidence from evaluation and research—and to learn from failures.
- Sourcing new ideas and opportunities from the communities we serve and forging relationships and partnerships with experts and community leaders across sectors.
- Increasing community impact and making the case for the importance of our shared work to support lifelong science learning, connect science and society, engage diverse audiences, and partner to solve global and local challenges.
Quick Start Guide
Before you get started, review the instructions below for details about how to prepare your proposal and use the submission portal. The submission deadline is January 13, 2020.
- Read the Call for Proposals to learn more about the conference theme, New Frontiers, and the proposal requirements.
- View the recorded webinar, Creating a Strong Conference Session Proposal.
- Before you begin completing the submission form, preview the questions in the submission form samples linked below:
- Log in to the submission portal. You will need a myASTC account to submit a proposal. If you do not already have an account, select Register and you will be prompted to create one before you begin.
- When adding presenters to your session, search by the individual’s email address.
- Click Save Draft to save your proposal and return to it later.
- To print or save a PDF of your proposal, click View Proposal after clicking Submit.
- You will receive a confirmation email after you submit your proposal.