I am so excited to begin leading ASTC today, energized by the many illuminating conversations I had with ASTC members during the 2017 ASTC Annual Conference in San Jose and the Science Centre World Summit 2017 in Tokyo, as well as numerous working sessions and calls over the past few months with ASTC staff and the ASTC Board of Directors.
It is a critical time for science all around the world. And the work ASTC members do in their communities—every day—is incredibly important to helping everyone in the world experience the joy of learning and participate in applying science and technology to help meet the global challenges we face.
2018 will be an exciting year. We will engage in extensive dialogue with our members about how to best support their future success, as we forge a long-term strategy for ASTC. We will seek collaboration, ideas, and input from regional networks of science centers, other museum-service organizations, and outside our field as well, building cross-sector partnerships. And as we engage in this future planning work, we also will continue serving science centers and museums around the world with all the networking, professional development, advocacy, and other services they expect from ASTC.
Thank you for all you do to help foster a creative and collaborative ASTC community. I look forward to hearing your ideas and input as we move ASTC forward, together.
Learn more here about Dorgelo’s background, ways you can engage with her starting this week, and—as she begins her tenure—her initial priorities for ASTC, including plans for an extensive listening and planning process.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2:00–3:00 p.m.: “Ask Me Anything with Cristin Dorgelo” in the ASTC General Forum, a live, interactive Q&A session.
- Thursday, January 25, 2:00 p.m.: “ASTC on Air with . . . Cristin Dorgelo,” a lively and wide-ranging interview with ASTC’s new chief executive during her first week.
- Wednesday, February 28: Following Museums Advocacy Day activities in Washington, D.C. (February 26–27), we will host an ASTC Open House at our offices for members who are in town. Join us between 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. for coffee with Cristin—or come by any time until 5:30 p.m. to tour the office, talk with ASTC staff, or just get some work done or relax between museums visits or before traveling home.
- Bookmark this blog, “Highlights from Cristin,” which will feature news and insights from around the science center world and beyond.
- Follow her on Twitter: @cristindorgelo.