| | | Exhibit/Curatorial | | |
Do you want to post a position in the ASTC Job Bank? Learn how here.
Posted October 25, 2019
Exhibit Developer/Project Manager
The Wild Center
Tupper Lake, New York
Salary Range: $40,000–$47,000
Looking for a new career adventure? Concerned about climate change and want to use your skills to work on this issue? The Wild Center, a new natural science museum in the heart of the stunning Adirondack Park, is seeking an Exhibit Developer/Project Manager to be the project lead for internal and external team members developing the exhibition Solutions: Voices from the Front Lines of Climate Change. The position develops the content, storylines, and exhibit ideas that create memorable visitor experiences. For full job description and application instructions, please visit www.wildcenter.org/about-us/careers.
Posted October 23, 2019
The Witte Museum
San Antonio, Texas
Salary Range: $48,000-$55,000
The Witte Museum is a catalyst for creating San Antonio as a City on the Rise, shaping the future of Texas. The Witte recently completed a once-in-a-hundred-years, $100 million transformation, placing the museum on par with Top Tier institutions. Founded in 1926, the Witte Museum is San Antonio’s premier museum that inspires people to shape the future of Texas through transformative and relevant experiences in nature, science and culture.
The Exhibitions Manager is responsible for maintaining the museum’s permanent exhibitions and managing the installation of temporary exhibitions. The Exhibitions Manager is a well-rounded craftsperson who draws upon specialized fabrication and technical skills, including multimedia interactive experience, to lead a team of exhibit technicians in constructing new exhibit elements, troubleshooting existing elements, and proactively sustaining physical and mechanical exhibit systems. The Exhibitions Manager is a champion for the Museum’s overall aesthetics and visitor experience.
- Leads the Exhibits Team in the fabricating, building and installing transformative exhibitions
- Prepares exhibit installation and maintenance checklists and timelines
- Coordinates with outside suppliers and contractors by building relationships, negotiating costs, evaluating services provided, and managing service agreements and contracts
- Coordinates the shipping and receiving of traveling exhibits, exhibit components, exhibit-related materials and supplies, and maintaining storage for exhibits and crates
- Works collaboratively with the team to troubleshoot, restore, repair, and rebuild existing physical, mechanical, and multimedia AV exhibit components
For a full job description and how to apply visit us at www.wittemuseum.org/employment.
Posted September 13, 2019
Curator of Science and Technology
South Carolina State Museum
Columbia, South Carolina
Salary Range: $35,000–$40,000
The South Carolina State Museum seeks a creative individual with a working knowledge of science and technological history as it relates to South Carolina for the position of Curator of Science and Technology.
This aspect of the museum’s collection includes important artifacts including automobiles, telescopes, space exploration, textile machinery, televisions and radios, and more.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/jobs/2461438/science-and-technology-curator-i?keywords=museum&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.
Posted August 15, 2019
Salary Range: $50,000–$80,000, depending on experience
Gyroscope, Inc., is an award-winning museum design firm offering comprehensive services in planning, architecture, and exhibit design for cultural organizations. We are seeking a full-time creative and collaborative exhibit designer to work as part of our team in Oakland, California, to develop and design innovative projects that redefine museum and educational environments.
For more details, please see full job description: www.gyroscopeinc.com/jobs.
Posted August 9, 2019
Director of Exhibitions and Facilities Operations
Adventure Science Center
Salary Range: $67,000–$100,000
Our organization is seeking a dynamic, creative, full-time individual to oversee, guide, and manage the exhibitions and facilities operations. This is a director level position and will be responsible for overseeing the creation of engaging exhibitions that inspire our audience. This position oversees two primary departments, exhibits and facilities, with a unique opportunity to grow an exhibition and exhibits department in a 60,000 square-foot space.
See the full job description at http://www.adventuresci.org/join-the-team
Posted August 2, 2019
Director of Facilities & Exhibits
Hands On Children’s Museum
Salary Range: $68,000–$75,000
Hands On seeks a Director of Exhibits and Facilities to enhance the visitor experience by ensuring high quality exhibits, a well-maintained building, and beautiful grounds. The Museum offers a state-of-the-art LEED Gold facility with 150 indoor exhibits, a half-acre Outdoor Discovery Center and nature play space, Arts Studio, a MakeSpace for tinkering and inventing, café and gift shop, and award-winning education programs.
The successful candidate will show a commitment to the Museum’s core values, while demonstrating they are innovative, accountable, and partnership-driven with a desire to learn new things and remain current on trends in exhibits and facilities management. The successful applicant will have applicable director level experience, be detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and dedicated about creating a memorable visitor experience.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and 3 professional references. Click here for more information.
Posted June 14, 2019
Vice President, Design & Exhibits
Salary Range: $130,000–$160,000
Shedd Aquarium seeks an experienced and creative leader as Vice President, Design & Exhibits. This position provides strategic vision and effective leadership to teams in communication design, integrated media, as well as in exhibit and experience design. As a key leader of Shedd’s in-house design agency, the VP coordinates the creation of media and experiences for the public—collaborating within their teams and across a broad spectrum of departments at the aquarium. The VP provides leadership in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation to ensure consistency with Shedd’s experiential brand principles and excellence in guest experiences.
To learn more: sheddaquarium.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a23xwy5t9qoo.
Posted May 7, 2019
Museum Curator – Exhibits
Imperial Centre for the Arts & Sciences (Children’s Museum & Science Center)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Salary Range: $42,357.95–$63,536.92
The City of Rocky Mount Parks & Recreation Department is accepting applications for a full-time Curator of Exhibits for the Children’s Museum & Science Center (CMSC). Part of the Imperial Centre for the Arts & Sciences, the CMSC features a live animal gallery, planetarium, traveling exhibits, interactive permanent exhibits, and more.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the museum’s temporary and permanent exhibits and displays and the care of the museum’s live animals.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops, installs, repairs, and maintains museum exhibits and equipment.
- Coordinates the shipping and receiving of traveling exhibits, exhibit components, exhibit related materials, and supplies; installs, maintains, and dismantles traveling exhibits.
- Works with Museum Director to plan and develop permanent and traveling exhibits.
- Assists with the development of the annual budget; maintains budget account balances for exhibit related accounts.
- Oversees the daily care of live animals; coordinates activities with veterinarians; makes repairs to life support equipment and animal habitats.
- Designs or obtains designs for new exhibits; redesigns or refurbishes existing exhibits; secures and maintains storage for exhibits and exhibit materials.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, preferably in museum studies, graphic or industrial design, or related.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position.
- Possession of a current and valid driver’s license and an active and consecutive three-year verifiable driving history. (Must be able to be licensed in the State of North Carolina).
To learn more and apply, visit www.rockymountnc.gov and www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rockymountnc/jobs/2426720/museum-curator/apply?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs.