| | | | | | Miscellaneous
Do you want to post a position in the ASTC Job Bank? Learn how here.
Posted March 14, 2019
Vice President of Experience
Salary Range: $80,000 – $95,000
The EcoTarium, a museum of nature and science, seeks a senior level leader to fill the newly created position of Vice President of Experience. The EcoTarium’s Vice President of Experience reports to the President & CEO and supports and collaborates with the board, senior leadership, staff, and the community to carry out the EcoTarium’s mission and vision through all experiential, mission-based offerings and guest services. For more details including directions on how to apply, please visit ecotarium.org/about-us/job-opportunities.
Posted March 7, 2019
Senior Director of Guest Engagement
The Health Museum
Salary Range: $85,000 – $100,000
Our mission is to foster wonder and curiosity about health, medical science and the human body. We are the only Museum in the Houston Museum District that has been awarded the Smithsonian Affiliate designation.
Senior Director of Guest Engagement:
- Leads a dynamic team that prioritizes, develops, and executes a highly integrated, quality customer experience from start to finish.
- Oversees all touch points of the customer experience, through both the delivery of content and excellent customer service, aimed at moving visitors beyond mere transactions at the points of sale to museum patrons.
- Directs and coordinates the work of the Education, Exhibits, and Visitor Services Departments.
- Creates visitor-centered experiences that transform the ways our patrons connect with our unique content and the work of our staff.
- Develops the exhibition strategy and execution.
- Ideally has at least 5 to 7 years management-level museum experience in exhibits, visitor services, and educational programming.
Interested in learning more? Please send your resume and cover letter to us at Lsellier@thehealthmuseum.org.
Posted February 21, 2019
Curatorial Assistant (Intern)
Smithsonian Arts + Industries Building
The Smithsonian’s Arts + Industries Building (AIB) seeks outstanding interns for Summer 2019 to join a dynamic small team that’s working on exciting projects with big impact. AIB is an iconic Smithsonian space that opened in 1881 as the nation’s first museum. Over the next few years, we’ll be staging a series of large-scale, landmark events and exhibitions that set the stage for AIB’s future vision, while also doing the serious work of preparing for its long-awaited reopening.
You’ll work closely with AIB’s curators on developing a major exhibition planned for 2021 in celebration of the institution’s 175th Anniversary. In addition to featuring historic objects and modern innovations, we will use experiential learning, installations, and immersive content to illustrate ideas and inventions from a range of private-sector partners and Smithsonian research centers.
Tasks may include: research, object scouting, meeting coordination and preparation, notetaking, attending meetings with senior advisory groups, maintaining exhibition object checklists, budgeting, and other related tasks. Excellent research and writing skills, strong communication abilities and never-ending curiosity are key for this position.
Best fit for: college juniors and seniors, graduate students
Time: at least 3 full days a week, for a full semester. Openings start May 20, 2019.
To apply: please email cover letter and resume to Melissa Rasowsky at RasowskyM@si.edu.