Welcome to Hartford!
All rates are in U.S. currency.
Preconference ASTC Intensives were on Friday, September 28.
The 2018 ASTC Annual Conference was Saturday–Tuesday, September 29–October 2, in Hartford, Connecticut, hosted by the Connecticut Science Center.
Full Conference Registration
Member rates apply only to staff of current ASTC members.
Early Bird: through June 17, 2018
Advance: June 18–September 10, 2018
Online and Onsite in Hartford after September 10, 2018
Full conference registration for the 2018 ASTC Annual Conference includes
- All sessions, workshops, and events that do not have a fee listed
- Two-day access to the Exhibit Hall (Saturday and Sunday)
- Saturday Breakfast and Opening Keynote Presentation
- Saturday Networking Lunch in the Exhibit Hall
- Saturday Exhibit Hall Refreshment Break
- Sunday Breakfast in the Exhibit Hall
- Sunday Alan J. Friedman Science Center Dialogues Luncheon
- Sunday Networking Break in the Exhibit Hall
- Museum Open House Day
These additional events and workshops were available while space remained.
Friday, September 28
- 5 spaces remain CEO Forum (open to science center/museum CEOs only), 9:00 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- 3 spaces remain Up the Learning Curve: Tips and Networking for New CEOs and Senior Leaders, 2:00–5:00 p.m.
- Empowering Others to Lead: ASTC Diversity and Leadership Development Fellows Alumni Symposium, 2:00–5:00 p.m.
- SOLD OUT First-Timers Welcome Reception, 5:00–6:00 p.m.
- SOLD OUT The Educators Network (TEN) Social, 6:00–9:00 p.m.
ASTC Intensives on Friday, September 28, 9:00 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
- SOLD OUT Exhibition Development for Family Audiences
- Improve Understanding, Build Hope and Empower Visitors To Act on Climate! A NNOCCI Introductory Workshop
- NEON: National Education Outreach Network
- 3 spaces remain OpenMAKE: A Making & Tinkering Pop-up Experience
- SOLD OUT Organizational Change, Equity, and Inclusion Work in Informal Science and Technology Centers: Building Capacity for Change
- Reach for the Stars: A Hands-on Workshop with NASA’s Universe of Learning
- Reflecting on Practice Coaching Workshop, Blending In-person and Online
- SOLD OUT Reinvent Your Makerspace with Digital Fabrication Tools
- Reinventing Visitor Engagement through a Framework for Observing and Facilitating Learning
- Science Center Public Forums: Facilitating Deliberative Conversations about Socio-scientific Issues
Monday, October 1
- Development Breakfast, 8:00–9:00 a.m.
- SOLD OUT CEO/Trustee Luncheon (open to museum CEOs and trustees only), 12:30–2:00 p.m
Tuesday, October 2
- Outreach Live, 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Group Discount Registration
Are multiple individuals at your institution attending ASTC 2018? You can buy four full conference registrations online and receive a fifth at half price!
Terms and conditions: Attendees must be registered at the same time in groups of five using the online registration system before September 3, 2018. Cancelled individual registrations without a substitution will result in forfeiture of the entire group discount, and the full conference registration rate in effect at the time of registration will be charged. Nonmember and one-day-only registrations are not eligible for this discount. This discount only applies to Early Bird and Advance registration rates.
Full-time students are welcome to register for the full conference at a discounted rate of $335. A valid student ID and/or proof of enrollment is required prior to registration. Please email a copy of your ID to email@example.com.
*Multiple days cannot be purchased.
One-day-only registrations permit access to conference sessions, meals, and events for the selected day only. If you would like to attend more than one day, you will be charged for a full conference registration. Preconference ASTC Intensives and the Saturday Night Party are available for purchase outside of your paid one-day-only registration date.
All session/poster leaders and presenters must register for the conference. Presenters are responsible for any fees associated with the session/workshop in which they present.
ASTC greatly appreciates the time and commitment of all presenters. If you are only attending the conference to present your session or poster, we are pleased to offer a complimentary pass allowing access to that session/poster presentation only; it cannot be used to attend any other events or sessions during the conference.
Policies and Procedures
Badges will not be mailed. Please pick up your badge and conference materials at the preconference kiosk beginning at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, September 28, 2018.
Full payment must be received within 30 days of registration and before a badge is issued onsite. Checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars. Do not mail cash, money orders, or traveler’s checks.
Please remit payment to:
Association of Science-Technology Centers
7th Floor, 818 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006-2734
For wire transfer payment instructions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitutions are allowed with the written authorization of the registrant who is unable to attend. Send an email to email@example.com or bring a signed letter to the onsite registration counter along with a new completed registration form.
All cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received on or before July 23, 2018, are entitled to a full refund of registration and event fees. Cancellations received between July 24 and August 24, 2018, will be subject to a $200 cancellation processing fee. No refunds will be granted for cancellations after August 24, 2018. Cancelled registrations cannot be credited to a future conference. Cancelled individual registrations within a group discount registration that do not have a substitute will result in forfeiture of the entire group discount, and the full conference registration rate in effect at the time of registration will be charged.
Session Updates/Offsite Events
Click here for the newest updates.