The ASTC Lee Kimche McGrath Worldwide Fellowship supports participation in the ASTC Annual Conference by individuals from science centers and museums outside the United States. The purpose of the Fellowship is to foster greater understanding among international colleagues and encourage global participation in ASTC. The Fellowship was established in 2004 with a gift from ASTC’s first executive director, Lee Kimche McGrath, who died in 2002.
The award is intended to support professionals who have genuine need for financial assistance in order to attend conference. An individual from a science center or museum (open or in development) outside the United States may submit an application. Preference will be given to applicants
- Whose institution is not normally in a position to afford to send a representative to an ASTC conference
- Whose participation will benefit other science centers in addition to their own
- Who have limited opportunities to meet professionally with science center colleagues
- Who are willing to participate in a conference session or write about their experience or institution for an ASTC publication
- Who are from ASTC-member institutions (not required)
Applicants are reviewed and winner is selected by ASTC prior to the annual conference. For more information and to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org