During the International Year of the Reef in 2018, ASTC partnered with the BNP Paribas Foundation to increase awareness of the value of and threats to coral reefs, and ways that scientists—with the help of the public—are working to save them.
We collaborated to produce the Corals Matter website, which houses tools to support action toward protecting coral reefs. A large-scale, interactive banner—created specifically for science and technology centers and museums—connects visitors to interviews with experts, high-quality images and 360° videos, clear messages about the state of coral reefs today, and collective solutions to preserve biodiversity. Download your copy of the banner.
About the Project Partners
The International Year of the Reef is led by the International Coral Reef Initiative, an informal partnership between Nations and organizations. The BNP Paribas Foundation supports scientific research on climate change and biodiversity and events that raise the public’s awareness of these issues. Other contributors to the Corals Matter website include:
- Aquarium Nausicaa (Boulogne-sur-Mer, France)
- Centre for Island Research and Environmental Observatory, Reef Services Project (Moorea, French Polynesia)
- Coral Guardian (Paris, France)
- Foundation for Research on Biodiversity (Paris, France)
- Institut Océanographique at the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco (Paris, France)
- Museon (The Hague, Netherlands)
- Paleontological Research Institution (Ithaca, New York)
- Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science (Miami, Florida)
- Trust for Sustainable Living (Hampstead Norreys, England)
- Underwater Earth (Sydney, Australia)
- World Ocean Network (Brussels, Belgium)
Photo: Ramona Osche, Coral Reef Image Bank