Almost all ASTC members around the world have experienced extended closure of their facilities as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. These resources from ASTC and others can help science and technology centers and museums plan for re-opening.
Re-think, Re-frame, Re-open: A Virtual Discussion Series from ASTC
Science and technology centers and museums will be confronted with a number of challenges as they anticipate re-opening that require thoughtful consideration and planning. ASTC is hosting a series of informal discussions from May through July to support peer-to-peer sharing around timely topics. Learn more and register.
Public Health Guidance
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Guidance for Communities, Schools, Workplaces, and Events: On this webpage, find the CDC’s latest guidance for businesses and workplaces, community and faith-based organizations, gatherings and community events, parks and recreational facilities, K-12 schools and child care programs, and more.
- Community Mitigation Framework: Community mitigation is a set of actions that persons and communities can take to help slow the spread of respiratory virus infections. Community mitigation is especially important before a vaccine or drug becomes widely available. This framework guides actions which local and state health departments can recommend in their community to both prepare for and mitigate community transmission of COVID-19 in the United States. Download the framework.
U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Information for workers and employers about the evolving coronavirus pandemic, as well as links to interim guidance and other resources for preventing exposures to, and infection with, coronavirus. Explore the resources.
Resources from Partners
- American Alliance of Museums: Preparing to Reopen: Resources for the Museum Field
- Association of Children’s Museums: A round-up of re-opening resources for children’s museums.
- Ecsite: A collection of re-opening plans, recommendations, and guidelines from different countries across Europe. View the list.
- Field Guide for Camps on Implementation of CDC Guidance: The American Camp Association and the YMCA of the USA commissioned an expert panel of specialists in pediatric medicine, camp medicine and nursing, epidemiology, infectious disease management, biological safety, industrial hygiene, organizational design, and other technical specialties to provide educational resources to both day and overnight camps, state and local health departments, and parents/guardians and campers. Read the guide.