U.S. Federal Agencies
Several Federal agencies are compiling resources for virtual and distance education. For information about agency responses and actions, including guidance to grantees, see the Business and Operations guidance.
Institute of Museum and Library Services
- IMLS has developed a list of resources made available by organizations serving the museum and library communities.
NASA launched two new online learning portals containing videos, projects, learning games, and other activities. Join NASA’s Museum Alliance to stay up to date on all the latest resources.
- NASA STEM at Home provides hands-on activities that families can facilitate with K-4 students.
- Learning Space With NASA at Home is a collaborative effort between NASA’s Jet Propulsion Lab and NASA Space Place to provide students and families a place to find curated learning resources during this unprecedented time. Highlights include:
National Institutes of Health
This blog, “Explore Our Virtual Learning STEM Resources,” highlights a selection of education related initiatives from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences including the Science Education and Partnership Award (SEPA) program, Pathways magazine, and other science education resources.
National Science Foundation
- Among its COVID-19 resources, NSF has suggested seven NSF-supported STEM resources that are perfect for at-home learning.
- The Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE), a resource center funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and based at ASTC, has curated a list of NSF-funded digital learning resources that are informed by research, evaluation, and best practices.
- American Alliance of Museums (AAM) has developed a set of COVID-19 Resources & Information for the Museum Field
- American Public Gardens Association (APGA) has compiled key updates, resources, and suggestions for our public gardens’ staff in facing the many impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Association of Children’s Museums (ACM) has launched Children’s Museums at Home, a searchable database sharing virtual programming from more than 200 children’s museums around the world, as well as this earlier a list of virtual activities offered by children’s museums
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) has compiled a calendar of zoo and aquarium videos and other educational resources you can do at home
- Canadian Association of Science Centres (CASC) has compiled a list of Canadian science centres and science museums supporting families by offering free online educational content as well as a calendar of scheduled programming from CASC members
- Civic Science Fellows has compiled a list of COVID-19 resources relevant to civic science
- Ecsite is compiling a list of Covid-19 resources for science engagement organisations
- NASA’s Universe of Learning is offering activities to explore the science of NASA astrophysics from home through its Universe of Learning at Home
- National Informal STEM Education (NISE) Network has compiled Coronavirus resources and Network response, including coronavirus museum resources, videos and activities for the public related to viruses, do science at home resources, tips for working at home, and resources for digital public engagement
- Public Lab has offered Tips for working remotely
Other Resource Lists and Ideas
- Luci Creative (an ASTC Allied Member) has ideas for Future Exhibit Designers: 5 Fun At-Home Make-a-Museum Activities for Kids
- WestED has compiled a list of COVID-19 Resources for Educators in a number of categories including DIstance & At-Home Learning, Early Childhood, Online Professional Development, and more.
- 4-H has shared 5 Ways to Keep Kids Engaged and Learning at Home
- Council of State Science Supervisors has developed Guidance for Supporting Science Learning During COVID-19
- MCN has developed The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning, and Online Collections
- STEMx has compiled a Parent’s Guide to STEM and school closure resources
- A list of Virtual School Activities for all ages, including live webcams, virtual tours/trips, and other sites
This list is provided as a service to the community and inclusion of a resource does not necessarily imply endorsement by ASTC.