With many science center and museum staff working in new ways, redeployed, and furloughed, how are you supporting their needs? How are they learning and coping with new roles? How will these extraordinary times shape your future workforce?
Please join Dennis Schatz (Institute for Learning Innovation), Andy Aichele (COSI), Lesley Markham (ASTC) for a series of hangouts to discuss how to make the most of staff time now and look at how you will rebuild your teams as your institution reopens. This is an informal opportunity for those in human resources, talent development, and ISL Practitioner supervisory roles to share your thoughts and concerns. Registration is required and is limited to 25 participants per hangout.
The first hangout in the series will be run twice. Please register for only one of the dates listed below.
Thursday May 14 at 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT Register Here
Tuesday May 19 at 12:00pm ET/9:00am PT Register Here
- What are staff doing now that they didn’t do before the pandemic?
- What skills do staff now need that they didn’t before the pandemic?
- How will skill sets that are typically required change as your institution reopens?
Wednesday June 10 at 3:00pm ET/12:00pm PT Register Here
- This event is for individual ISL staff members who want to examine their current competencies and consider what skill they want to enhance/develop.
Thursday June 18 at 2:00pm ET/11:00am PT Register Here
- This event is for supervisors/managers who need to determine what competencies they want to develop/find in staff in the post-pandemic environment.
The sessions will not be recorded to allow for frank and personal discussion. Follow the links to register for the hangout that best fits your calendar. Zoom details will be sent to participants following registration.
If you register and are then unable to attend, please email Lesley Markham at email@example.com so that we can add participants from a waitlist.
We look forward to your hearing your voices and sharing your insights.