Many ASTC-member science centers and museums have been named among the best science museums and children’s museums in the United States, according to votes in USA TODAY’s 10Best Readers’ Choice awards for 2022. Twenty nominees in each category were chosen by a panel of experts including a combination of editors from USA TODAY, editors from 10Best.com, and other relevant contributors, which were voted on by the public.
Among science museums, the Center of Science and Industry (COSI) in Columbus, Ohio, was voted best for the third year in a row.
- COSI, Columbus, Ohio
- Michigan Science Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Great Lakes Science Center, Cleveland, Ohio
- Tellus Science Museum, Cartersville, Georgia
- Saint Louis Science Center, Saint Louis, Missouri
- The Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, Illinois
- Rochester Museum & Science Center, Rochester, New York
- Bishop Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii
- National Air and Space Museum, Washington, DC
The best children’s museum is The DoSeum in San Antonio, Texas.
- The DoSeum, San Antonio, Texas
- City Museum, Saint Louis, Missouri
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana
- The Magic House, Saint Louis, Missouri
- The Strong Museum, Rochester, New York
- Kohl Children’s Museum, Chicago, Illinois
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona
- Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Please Touch Museum, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Children’s Museum of Houston, Houston, Texas
Congratulations to all!