Featured || | | | |
ASTC FEATURED JOB LISTINGS go here…
Posted on 4/20/15
Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education Program Manager
Association of Science-Technology Centers Incorporated
Reports to: CAISE Project Director/Principal
Level: Investigator (Pl) Manager (full-time, exempt)
The Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE) is a project dedicated to advancing the field of informal science education (ISE) by supporting and building on the rich diversity of projects supported by the Advancing Informal STEM Learning (AISL) program of the National Science Foundation (NSF). Under a cooperative agreement with the NSF, the Center provides resources to the practitioners, researchers and evaluators across the ISE sectors, which include science centers and museums, mass media, science journalism, youth and community programs, cyber learning and gaming, and other settings and environments.
Co-Principal Investigators of the Center are based at the Association of Science-Technology Centers, Great Lakes Science Center, Oregon State University, the University of Pittsburgh Center for Learning in Out of School Environments (UPCLOSE) and KQED Public Media. Inverness Research is the project’s evaluator. The Center staff work from ASTC headquarters in Washington, DC, and will report to the Pl/PD.
Activities include convening meetings, workshops and conferences, both face-to-face and online; contributing to user-friendly online resources, including a centralized database of NSF-funded projects, supporting and tracking the Co-Pl’s initiatives and participating in a variety of communication and outreach efforts.
Position Summary: The Center’s Program Manager will work closely with the CAISE Project Director, Online Producer and Digital Librarian as a team to continue to create, connect, synthesize and disseminate credible, high-quality resources and infrastructure for the ISE field.
The Program Manager will provide support for collaboration and communication and be familiar with the ISE field.
Program management responsibilities include:
- Assist the Director and Director of Online Engagement in coordinating work with the Center’s Advisors, Co-PIs and NSF program officers.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of CAISE initiative convenings and meetings, as well as a biennial NSF AISL Program Principal Investigator meeting to take place in spring 2016.
- Provide logistical, technical and documentation support for all meetings and other occasions requiring offsite space.
- Manage and maintain day-to-day calendar project progress documentation and databases for the Center.
- Contribute to the creation and coordination of website updates, including page copy, blog posts, news items, calendar updates, creation and monitoring of Groups and forums, and other updates as needed.
- Assist the Director, Online Producer, Digital Librarian and ASTC staff in monitoring progress, create programmatic and financial reports, and process payments to sub awardees and consultants
- Oversee and track project budget
- Respond to questions and queries about website use, navigation and functionalities submitted to the email@example.com email address (referring appropriate questions to other staff as needed)
- Other duties as assigned
Travel: Periodic travel is required.
Qualifications Summary: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and Experience
- Familiarity with the ISE field (familiarity with NSF Division On Research and Learning & AISL Program helpful)
- Experience in supporting and providing logistics for multi-institutional collaborations
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with managing and documenting events
- Degree in science, science education, education and/or or museum studies preferred
- Demonstrated experience in providing leadership for equity/diversity/access related activities helpful
This is a one-year assignment with the potential, depending on funding to extend beyond one year.
Send your cover letter and resume (MUST include salary requirements) to: ASTC, Attention: Jamie Bell, 818 Connecticut Avenue NW, 7th Floor, Washington, DC 20006; email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. EOE
Posted on 4/10/2015
Science Museum Oklahoma
Oklahoma City, OK
Science Museum Oklahoma is seeking an outgoing educator to provide rich, interactive educational experiences for children and families all around Oklahoma.
The Network Educator (NE) is a multifaceted position responsible for educational programming, research, support, and outreach for the Oklahoma Museum Network. An NE’s primary responsibility is traveling with the Science Matters Mobile Museum bringing high-energy, hands-on science experiences to children across the state. Additional responsibilities can include curriculum development, workshop presentation, exhibit maintenance, and other duties that support the Oklahoma Museum Network in bringing discovery education experiences to children, families and teachers.
To see the complete job description and to apply, please click on the following link: http://tinyurl.com/OMNEducator